Tuesday, February 11, 2020

First week BABY

Well folks it has officially been a week since I have been a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I am absolutly loving it. They keep us really busy here so there is not a lot of time to sit and think about anything else but missionary work. 

The first day I was here is a blur. As is everyday that I have had here. There is so much information in my head and so many things I have to think about. It is a little overwhelming, but through Jesus Christ I can do anything. Now some amzing things that have happened this past week. Right as I got to my room, I met my amazing companion Sister Grover and I love her. Sister Grover is also serving in Tempe Arizona! We started unpacking and then met Sister Hanks. (Who is serving in Perth Australia)We started chatting and soon realized that Sister Hanks companion was late. Long story short I AM IN A TRIO!! And I love both of my sisters so much. We are becoming really close. One funny story is that we were walking out of class one cold evening and I ended up tripping on ice and falling on my side. My whole right side of my skirt was soaked! We had a good laugh about it though. Some more exciting news is that on Thursday night my trio and I called called to be the STL's (Sister Training Leaders) of our district C. Also I LOVE my district. We always can have a good conversation and a good laugh. 

I have never felt the spirit so strongly in my life. I am constantly blown away at how close I can feel to my heavenly father. I went to the MTC choir and it was awesome. Then later that night we had a devotional by the BYU men's choir and before that started we sang the Spirit of God and the spirit was so strong I got chills on my whole body. Music is so powerful and it helps us to testify of Christ. I have absolutly loved learning more about the gospel and how to bring others to come unto christ. 

I love all of you and I'm so thankful for each of you. I absolutly love being a missionary and hopefully each of you can get something from my emails. One last spiritual thought is from Joseph Smith History 1:20 it says "It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom;" I loved that verse and hope to become a disturber and annoyer of the devils kingdom one day. Anyways God loves you and I love you!! 

            Love, Sister Yates




No comments:

Post a Comment