Tuesday, February 18, 2020

With the sword of truth and light

Hello folks and welcome back to the life of Sister Yates! Life at the MTC is blending into one long day. But at the same time it has flown by. I cannot believe that I am leaving for Arizona next tuesday. It seriously blows my mind. Ok now for a spiritual experience.

One happened during the MTC choir practice on Sunday. First of all we found out that tonight we are going to have a devotional from THE Elder Jeffrey R Holland!!!! And if I get the chance to be in the MTC choir tonight we will be singing Hope of Israel. (I LOVE this song) During practice on Sunday the director Brother Eggot was teaching us what the song is about. He hyped us up and told us that we are Gods army. Sent to the world to fight the foe. And gather his children. When he was teaching us I felt so excited and proud to be a missionary. I was about ready to grab a sword and go into battle. He taught us about the 12 tribes of Israel, how the founding fathers visited Wilfred Woodruff, how we are the last group that heavenly father held in reserve for this time, and how God sends down titans to prepare this earth for the Second coming of our Savior. I felt the Holy Ghost so strongly and new that being a missionary is what I need to be doing right now. I am where the lord needs me to be and I am so excited to share the gospel with the people in Tempe Arizona. 

This week has been great and I'm so thankful to be here. I meet so many amazing missionaries everyday. I love becoming friends with such incredible sisters and elders. I love being here and I love being a missionary. I want to do a quick shoutout to my mom Amy. She is one of my absolute best friends and she is a huge example to me. She is so strong and loving. I love her and I'm so thankful for her. 

I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week!!

          Love, Sister Yates



No comments:

Post a Comment