I loved the MTC so much. I met my district and they became another family. I met my companions and they became my sisters. I felt the Holy Ghost stronger than I have ever felt it before. I got to hear from Elder Jeffrey R Holland and Tad R Callister. I got to be a part of the amazing MTC choir and sings songs of praise. I got to be a sister training leader, a host for all of the international sisters, and a host for a building. I grew so much in the MTC and I thought that I was somewhat ready for the mission feild. Then I got on a plane.
The first few days here were crazy. I actually went contacting at Arizona State University on my very first day in Arizona. We did have help but I got pushed right in the deep end. I had a lot of training and then time came for me to meet my trainer and truly begin my mission. My trainer is Sister Daines and she is from Washington state. She is so sweet and she helps me a lot. She doesn't throw me under the bus but she does challenge me to grow. I am in the Mesa Zone in a YSA ward. I am living at a home with a cute old lady named Sister Barnes. The weather is very nice right now, not too hot and not too cold. Let me tell ya. Contacting and tracting are harder than you think. Most everyone is nice when they reject you but it still hurts. But, it gets better when you share a small testimony, pray for strength, and even pet a dog. (I have pet so many dogs it's great)
Some things that I have learned in the past couple of weeks:
* Prayer. Changes. Everything. -Elder Holland
* I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God
* The Book of Mormon is THE BEST
* I love my family more than anything
I am definitely still learning and will be learning for a while about how to be a missionary. I am still learning the art of humility, endurance, and faith. I am doing my best to turn my efforts, time, and energy over to Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for this opportunity to grow and to get outside of my comfort zone. Until next week, much love from Arizona!!
Love, Sister Yates



No comments:
Post a Comment