Monday, March 9, 2020

Season 1, Episode 1: The One With the Dumpster

This week was awesome. I got to do some really cool things. I got to do service at this place called Feed My Starving Children. We got to package meals that they send to other countries to feed children that don't have a lot of food. It really makes you thankful for what you have when others dont have it. They were also playing 80's jams while I was there so I was rockin out. It actually made me so happy to hear those songs that bring me joy. I have been doing so much finding it's crazy. For those of you not familiar with finding/tracting you basically chose a location and walk around talking to EVERYONE and sharing the gospel. I have had a good amount of rejection already but that just makes the ones that accept that much more amazing. 

Now for the dumpster story. I got to go on exchanges on Saturday with my STL Sister Wilcox. (We swapped companions for 24 hours) While tracting with sis Wilcox we were taking someone's trash to the dumpster. As we got closer we heard something big making loud noises in one of the dumpsters. We both got so freaked out and threw the trash in the other dumpster. As we were speed walking away a FULL GROWN DUDE stood up in the dumpster!! I have no idea why he was in there but sis Wilcox and I almost died laughing. Good times lol.

Now for some spirituality. General Conference is coming up people. The Prohpet on the earth today gave us a promise that this one will be unforgettable. But only if we make it unforgettable. We need to put in the work and study to receive the inspiration and direction that we need. Study the first vision, read the Book of Mormon intently, ponder how the Book of Mormon has changed your life, ponder about how you Hear Him, read from Saints, or anything else for your personal preparation. This General Conference will be incredible. But only if you make it incredible. We get to hear from our loving Heavenly Father through our prophets twice a year. Our God is literally speaking to us. And He is going to be speaking to you personally in 4 weeks. Are you going to listen? I am challenging each of you to start your preparation now. And I promise that you will never regret it. I would also love to hear from all of you on how you are going to prepare for this awesome chance we have to Hear Him. I love all of you and I'm so thankful for everybody that has helped me get here. I LOVE YA'LL!!!

                love, Sis Yates






No comments:

Post a Comment