Hey Folks!
Ok this week was CRAZY. Like for reals. First off, I was exposed to the 'rona at Zone Conference on Tuesday (I got to see some people that I LOVE) and almost my entire mission is in lockdown quarantine until Oct 20th. Second, I got to go outside of my mission twice this week to go to my bishops law office in Phoenix and it was super fancy so we took pictures of course. Third, on last Monday my zone played chair soccer and somehow I made a basket by kicking the ball *swish and everyone flipped out. Fourth, our assistant ward mission leader and some members in our ward took us out to get pedicures one day! Listen. There were ups and downs in this week. But as you can see, I had some pretty awesome moments. Missions are hard but so incredible. I am so thankful to be here.
Ok now for my lil spiritual thought for this week. I absolutely loved General Conference. I am now rereading all of the talks and yesterday I read Eyes to See by Michelle D Craig and I love the part that says "As with all gifts the Father so willingly offers, seeing deeply requires us to ask Him—and then act. Ask to see others as He does—as His true sons and daughters with infinite and divine potential. Then act by loving, serving, and affirming their worth and potential as prompted." I love how she invites us to ask to really see people and then act. In order to become more Christlike, we need to do what he did and minister to the one. The one that is alone. The one that is sick. The one that is afflicted in anyway. It is our privilege to have the chance to help those around us. I would like to challenge each of you to ask then act. However that may look for you. Just do something to lift others. You will be blessed. Have an amazing week! Love y'all!
Love, Sister Yates :)






No comments:
Post a Comment