Hey folks!
Ok, I am going to be honest. This week was pretty hard. And I'm gonna tell you why. So we have been in actual isolated quarantine since Oct 9th. And on the 14th I started to feel sick. And then it kept getting worse. Sister Layton, Hermana Thomas, Hermana Jorgensen, and I all felt like death. So we called our mission nurse and she scheduled a time for all 4 of us to get tested for the 'rona. I really felt awful this week. We also did get the ok to nap from President Goaslind himself, so I did take some naps this past week. Getting tested was awful. We had to go to a drive through window at CVS and all 4 of us had to test ourselves. That was very painful and not pleasant. I took before and after selfies and you can tell that it was not a fun experience. Anyways, I also got my results back and I am... negative! We think that we all just had a bad flu. Some blessings that I saw this week was naps, sweaters, hot chocolate, soup, (yes I know I'm living in AZ) cough drops, Crumble, and my companions. While Sister Layton and I were kinda dying, Sister Packer carried our companionship on her back. So anyways, I am feeling better now, still not 100% but I am better than I was a couple days ago. So no need to worry about me, I am doing good and excited that I don't have the 'Rona. I think...
For my little thought for y'all, my awesome sister in law Alison suggested that I share my conversion story. I was born and raised in this church so I never had a huge conversion moment or a cool story like I hear from the many converts that I have met. But I do remember those little moments that helped build my testimony. My parents were huge examples to me on how to build my own testimony. I remember from a young age, learning to know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. I also remember seeing the movie 17 Miracles for the first time and learning what faith can do. I never had any serious doubts about this church or my testimony. But as I saw others struggle and as my testimony got challenged on my mission, I found that it grew stronger. Anyways. I don't have one specific moment or a very fancy conversion story. But I am thankful for my ongoing conversion. The mission has helped my testimony grow so strong and I am thankful that I have more time to deepen my conversion. I would like to challenge each of you to look at the foundation of your testimony and strengthen that part. Then choose something new and work on that. You will find a stronger testimony and a life full of joy and blessings. Love you all!!!
Love, Sister Yates :)




No comments:
Post a Comment