Monday, December 14, 2020

Season 7, Episode 6, The One With the Movie, the Sunset, and the Nativity

 Hey folks!! 


   Ok this week was actually awesome. This email might be a bit longer so if you don't want to read it all that's ok. But some crazy awesome things happened this past week, so it's gonna get interesting.. ok so last Monday night we got to watch a movie!!! I was so stinkin happy. We watched The Other Side of Heaven 2 and it was so good. I seriously was so happy that I was watching a movie on my mission. Then later on in the week Sister McEwen graduated training and I am so proud of her! I even got to take a picture with President and Sister Goaslind with me holding some of Sister Goaslinds homemade bread. Delicious. Then we saw a BREATHTAKING sunset on our way home. The sunsets down here are so cool. Then as a house we celebrated our own mini Christmas! We did a secret Santa kind of thing and filled each others stockings. Then a couple nights ago I got to help with my housemates wards Christmas Nativity drive through. Kinda confusing I know. Sister Lunt and I stood out on a busy street with a sign trying to wave people down. We kinda felt like weirdos since we were kinda making a fool of ourselves. We actually ended up having a lot of fun that night. AND we were told when it ended that some people came to the nativity because they saw "2 girls by the street with a sign waving me down". We actually got people to go!! It was pretty amazing. Just some fun times this week. It was a blast.

   Ok for my little thought for y'all today, I just want to share something that I learned while studying in Helaman 14 what Samuel the Lamanite taught when he was on the wall. When he was preaching about the birth of Jesus Christ he says in verse 3 "this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness". In this verse he talks about how when Christ will come to the Earth there will be only light. Then in verse 20 he says "in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you". In this verse he talked about when Christ will be taken off the Earth and there will be no light. While reading these verses it showed me another reason why Jesus Christ is literally the light of the world. And after Christ was resurrected, the light came back and has never gone away. Because Christ lives. He brings the light into our lives. I am so grateful for the light of Christ and its influence in my life. I would like to urge each of you to continue to share your light of Christ with others. Serve and love them and they will see it. I love all of you! Happy Holidays! 

              Love, Sister Yates :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment