Monday, December 21, 2020

Season 8, Episode 1, The One With a Much Warmer Christmas

 Hey Folks! 


   This week has been kinda slow but also really good! We had transfers so I had to say goodbye to my dear Sister McEwen who actually got transferred up to the ward I started in, Pioneer YSA! At transfers I got to say hi to a lot of my friends so I was happy. Then I got my new comp Sister Merkley! She is from Texas, is also an STL, and just awesome. We are starting to have more fun together as we are becoming better friends. On Sunday we even got to have a companion study with 3 amazing young women, pick oranges straight off of the orange tree, and have an incredible Christmas Sunday. That was a fun day. Also it is currently December 21 and down here in sunny AZ we have a high of 74°. So it's hard to feel like Christmas is in 4 days when I can stand outside perfectly fine in a normal shirt. The weather says that down here I will have Christmas in the high 60's. No white Christmas down here for me. BUT I can still feel the Christmas spirit no matter where I am. I just need to remember and focus on Jesus Christ. 

   Ok I know that this week is Christmas. But equally important, it is my moms birthday. I would like to ask all of you a favor and let her know happy birthday on the 25th. My mom is one of the most incredible people you will ever meet. She is fun, kind, beautiful, supportive, outgoing, and a huge example to me. My mom Amy is awesome. Her testimony and the way she lives her life shows me how I want to be as a mother one day. She is one of my best friends and I can't talk highly enough of her. I love my mom so much. Especially now since I have thought more about Mary and her love for Jesus Christ, I gain a stronger love for my mom. I am so grateful for my mom Amy and I want to take this time to wish her an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 

  I love you all and I am grateful for each of you. I hope that you have a Merry Christmas and that you feel the joy that comes from celebrating Jesus Christ. 

                  Love, Sister Yates :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment