Monday, December 7, 2020

Season 7, Episode 5, The One With Personal Revelation


 Hey Folks! 


   This week I was able to go to MLC and I got a ride home with Elders so that was casual and weird at the same time. I also got a picture with Sister Gosalind and all the STL's. Today I "ran" a 5k, then we got breakfast, and then we went shopping and tried on crazy jackets. We didn't do a whole lot this week but it was fun. 

   Overall this week was pretty good. But, I'm gonna be honest, I kinda struggled a bit. I'm not telling you guys this for sympathy or to complain. I wanted to tell you all that I was not doing good and that I found the answer to help myself be better. The answer that I got was that I need to make sure that I read the Book of Mormon every single day. Once I got that very personal revelation, I knew that it would help me. So, I made sure that I set aside time each day to read in the Book of Mormon. This past week I was reading in 2 Nephi 9 and that whole chapter helped me out a lot. One specific phrase in verse 43 says "happiness which is prepared for the saints.". That sentence gave me so much hope. Because even though I wasn't doing good in that moment, I knew that there is happiness prepared for me. I just have to continue to be the best Latter Day Saint that I can be. I am very thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that gave me that revelation to help me to be happy again. But I had to do my part to receive that happiness. If any of you are struggling in any way, please pray to your Heavenly Father and ask him what YOU need to do to help yourself become better, listen to what He will say, and then act on it. I can promise that you will be blessed as you do. I am very grateful for all of you and I love y'all so much!! 

                  Love, Sister Yates :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment