Monday, January 11, 2021

Season 8, Episode 4, The One Where When Life Gives You Lemons

 Hey Folks! 


   This week has been pretty good! We are seeing some slow improvement in our day to day. Our quarantine has been extended just a bit so my companion and I are doing our best to be creative and effective. This past week we didn't do too many crazy things but I did have fun! My parents bought us Denny's for breakfast one day, we cleaned up our backyard a bit, Sis Merkley and I had a photoshoot, and Sis Bake and I attempted to paint a Bob Ross painting. So I had some fun times. 

   I was thinking about the saying when life gives you lemons, make lemonade and I have realized that for me it means when life hands me something sour, I need to make it sweet. When we have trials in our lives, are we going to let them be the thing that tears us down? Are the trials going to shake your testimony? Will you doubt, lose faith and hope? Or are you going to let the trials be something you learn from? Are the trials going to strengthen your testimony? Will you find greater assurance, and more faith and hope in Jesus Christ? You get to decide that. You have agency. You can choose if you want life to be sour or sweet. This week, even though I was sad and a little mad about more quarantine, I had fun. I enjoyed my time with incredible people around me. I was grateful for the little things that made me happy. But I had to make those decisions myself. I know that life is not easy. And trials are hard. But life is meant to be enjoyed. We are meant to have joy! So my dear friends, make the choice and find joy this week. And if you are going through any kind of trial. Find a way to make it lemonade. Life will be so much sweeter when you do. I love you all and I challenge you to make it a great week! 

                   Love, Sister Yates :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment