Hey folks!
This week was pretty awesome. We were still in quarantine but we made it fun. We got to see some amazing sunsets, do some in house exchanges, take funny pictures, and I had one of the best dinners that I have had in a while. It was French toast with fruit and caramel syrup and I was even more blessed because they also brought bacon. It was ridiculously amazing. Breakfast for dinner is the best kind of dinner. I'm going to attach a picture of what missionary work usually looks like right now, being inside all day. It has been amazing for me to be on a mission right now. I have been able to see so many different ways of missionary work. The beginning of my mission I was tracting and knocking on doors. Then we shut down and started to figure out missionary work on social media. Then things slowly would either get worse or open up. I have been completely locked down in my house multiple times and tested for COVID 3 times and in all different ways. I have been exposed a couple times and as far as I know I have not gotten it yet. I could honestly go on with a list of things that I have experienced. But even though there was all of this change, I learned to adapt and continue to do the work that I have been set apart to do. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to be here and learn so many amazing things.
The other day Sister Merkley, and I rewrote an incredible missionary scripture that I want to share with you guys. :)
Alma 26:29
"And we have entered into their houses and taught them, and we have taught them in their streets; yea, and we have taught them upon their hills; and we have also entered into their temples and their synagogues and taught them; and we have been cast out, and mocked, and spit upon, and smote upon our cheeks; and we have been stoned, and taken and bound with strong cords, and cast into prison; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again."
Our modern day version:
"And we have been stuck inside our houses and called them, and we have taught them over zoom; yea, and we have taught them over text; and we have also entered into their Facebook and their groups and taught them; and we have been blocked, and mocked, and ignored, and exposed to COVID; and we have been quarantined, and taken and bound with many masks, and cast into pandemic; and through the power and wisdom of God we have been delivered again."
Love you all!! Make it a great day!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment