Monday, May 10, 2021

Season 11, Episode 3, The One With My Quinceanera

 Hey Folks!


   This past week was pretty awesome. We had May the Fourth, my Quinceanera, Zone Conference, and I even got to help paint the inside of a house. As you can tell, I had a lot of fun this week. My Quinceanera was also on Cinco de Mayo so that was pretty legendary. At night I got to destroy a mini llama pinata and a mini taco pinata. I celebrated right. At Zone Conference I got to take a picture with Sister Goaslind, then President Goaslind, and then my amazing trainer Sister Daines!! I love them all so much. 

    If you are reading with me, today we should finish the book of 1 Nephi. I have really loved the new insights that I have been getting reading in the Book of Mormon. One of my favorite stories is the vision of the Tree of Life and the meanings behind it. 1 Nephi 8 and 11 are some of my favorite chapters. I love talking about the Condescension of God and how desirable and joyous the love of God is. I love reading about the Iron Rod (the scriptures) and how it is our Latter-day survival guide that keeps us on the straight and narrow path. Or how the great and spacious building (the world) has no foundation. Jesus Christ is the foundation that we need to build upon. I honestly could go on. Another part that I loved was in 1 Nephi 15 when Nephi finishes having that incredible vision and sees that his brothers are murmuring because they cannot understand what the vision means. So Nephi asks the important question. In 1 Nephi 15:8 he says "And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?". Nephi wanted to understand the dream so he prayed to know. When we want to know the truth of something, we need to pray and ask. God is the source of all truth. So if you have questions or doubts, take Nephi's council and ask of God. I love you all and I hope that you have an amazing week. Also happy late Mothers Day to all you mothers out there! Thanks for all that you do!! 

                    Love, Sister Yates :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment