Hey Folks!
This past week wasn't too crazy but I had fun! Sister Curry and I are trying to spend more time outside even though we are already reaching 100 degrees down here in Casa Grande. So pray that I don't get sunburned everyday. On Saturday I was able to do an exchange and be companions with my old companion Sister Merkley! I went into her area in Coolidge and we were able to help with a community service project, explore Coolidge and take a LOT of pictures, and then even bike from the church to their house later in the day. It was good to be with her again and to have some fun together. Also if you are still reading the Book of Mormon with me, we should be through 2 Nephi 15 today. :)
Ok. Today I have 99 days until I come home. I keep telling myself that I still have plenty of time. When in reality, it is going to fly by. So I need to make sure that day by day, I make the 99 days left count. When thinking about the number 99, I of course thought of the parable of the lost sheep. Christ uses this parable to explain that even if a shepherd has 100 sheep and 1 strays away, he will still go to find the 1. Luke 15:4-5 says "What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing." Christ is the Good Shepherd that knows his sheep by name. He knows, loves, and seeks for you. Whether you are the 1 or the 99 right now, your Savior loves you and cares for you so much. If you are the 1, listen for His voice calling out to. Hear Him. Then follow Him. If you are the 99, where are you in the flock? Are you in the center, staying as close as you can to the shepherd? Or are you off on the edges, wandering, or looking for other roads? If you are either part of the 99 or the 1, I invite you to come back into the fold and find safety in your Savior. He loves you and I love you!! Have an amazing week!
"And he gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture." -1 Nephi 22:25
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment