Monday, May 3, 2021

Season 11, Episode 2, The One With Lows and Highs

 Hey Folks! 


   To be honest this week was a rollercoaster. It had some serious lows and some interesting highs. This past week I was able to testify with the spirit and I had some amazing spiritual experiences. I also received some really sad news. My recent convert, Jess Fullerton, from Tempe that I was really close with, passed away this week. I don't really have a lot of words to say about it. I cried a lot. I received needed hugs and uplifting messages. Needless to say, it's been hard. But I am doing better. Day by day I am feeling more comfort and using the Atonement of Jesus Christ to strengthen me. I also did get vaccinated this week! I know that this is a controversial topic. But I did it because I want to follow the council of the prophet of God. Anyways, like I said, it's been a rollercoaster of a week. 

   This week in our Book of Mormon read, we should be through 1 Nephi 8 today. I love the beginning of the Book of Mormon and I had a lot of new and inspiring thoughts while studying this week. I think that the story of Nephi, Lehi, and their family is a story of obedience. They loved the Lord and did everything that was asked of them. Here are just a few examples.
☆1 Nephi 2:3 - "And it came to pass that he was obedient unto the word of the Lord, wherefore he did as the Lord commanded him." 
☆1 Nephi 3:7 - "I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded" 
☆1 Nephi 5:20 - "And it came to pass that thus far I and my father had kept the commandments wherewith the Lord had commanded us."
Even if they didn't understand all that they were asked to do, they were obedient because they loved the Lord. And they trusted him. Every single day we have the opportunity to show our love by being obedient. If you want to know what blessings come from being obedient, keep reading with me :) I love you all!! 

                 Love, Sister Yates :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment