Hey folks!
Ok this past week was honestly so crazy and awesome. Last Monday night Sister Anderson and I had to announce to a lot of our ward members that both of us were leaving. It was kinda heartbreaking because I came to love a lot of those members. So we pretty much took a selfie with everyone there. On both Monday and Tuesday night, we had 11 sisters sleeping in our apartment. The first night we had the departing sisters and the second night we had some of the brand new sisters. So let's just say that I did not get sleep for a few days. Then Wednesday was transfers and I got to see a lot of friends and past companions and give them all hugs. I also found out that the area I am in is a biking area! So I am using a loner bike. Listen, biking everywhere everyday in Arizona is a whole lot of fun. On Wednesday night we hosted a stake Young Women's activity where we taught them chair soccer. Let's just say that I was part of a pretty legendary shot. Also my church building has a bunch of scorpions so we get to see those on the daily. So on Friday in the morning we went and did quilting with one of our members for service and then we had to bike home before a Zone Council. On our way back we literally biked through a heavy downpour. (It was intense for Arizona) It was SO MUCH FUN. While I was getting literally drenched I couldn't stop smiling and wondering why I was so happy. At one point we just dragged our shoes through puddles. We even had to show up to Zone Council with soaking wet hair. It was legendary. Then on Saturday we got to do a district service project where we helped at a food bank. And on Sunday we went to a total of 5 church meetings and 3 of those where full 2 hours church services. Then at dinner I got to hold some chickens. So as you can see, I had a pretty awesome week.
Ok since that was an experience dump for y'all I just want to talk a little bit about being happy and grateful in every circumstance. This past week, there was actually a lot of hard things and good things. But in every experience, I was really happy. It made me think of a quote by Elder Uchtdorf from his talk Grateful in Any Circumstance (one of my favorite talks) . He says "How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?". I was so grateful for biking in a dress in pouring rain, almost stepping on a scorpion, seeing good friends, being sleep deprived, meeting members that remember me, working hard, and feeling joy. I know that y'all can also be grateful and happy in any circumstance. Just choose to have fun and enjoy each moment. I love you all, have a fantastic week!!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment