Monday, July 5, 2021

Season 12, Episode 5, The One With Sparklers and Hot Dogs

 Hey folks! 


   This week was pretty interesting. And also pretty awesome. Mostly because of the 4th of July. I LOVE the 4th of July. I was able to eat dinner with a super fun couple that's in the bishopric. We had good ole American food and we even got to hold some sparklers!! That was the extent of my firework experience this year. It was a lot of fun. Earlier in the week I got to go on an exchange with my STL's so I was back in Tempe SA! It was a super fun day. We even had a bible study in a Lutheran church! Kinda crazy. I love meeting interesting/weird/cool people. Also earlier in the week, I got to roast a hot dog over a fire so that made my soul happy. I also dropped the hot dog in the ashes but I was able to save it and still eat it. I like to call it campfire seasoning. Gotta love it. 

   In the Book of Mormon study we should be through Alma 41. I have really liked these chapters for this past week. I really love reading about these amazing missionaries and their missions. I especially love Alma 26. Ammon is expressing his gratitude and love for the savior and what He has done for them and the people they taught. Ammon's brother, Aaron starts to think that he is boasting. I love Ammon's response to Aaron. He says in Alma 26, "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." I love this verse because I am very weak. I am nothing. But with God, I can have strength. I can become something. And I am grateful for the miracles that I have seen in the Arizona Tempe Mission. I am so grateful that through the strength of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, I can do all things. I know that as each of you continue to praise God and do things in His strength, you will be blessed. I love you all! Have an amazing week! 

                   Love, Sister Yates :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment