Monday, June 28, 2021

Season 12, Episode 4, The One Where I Turn 21

 Hey Folks!! 

   First of all I want to thank all of you who wished me a happy birthday. I felt so much love and I appreciate all of you so much. On last Monday night, the FHE activity was  Bob Ross painting. That was a lot of fun. But after the activity I had a bit of a rough night. When we finally got home, my front door was decorated for my birthday and there was some candy, balloons, and a fruit bouquet! It was so sweet and I really needed it. Then on the morning of my birthday, I woke up by my companion and housemates singing happy birthday and bringing me breakfast in bed. It was a great start to a day. Throughout the day I had interviews with President Goaslind, a District Council, I talked with my family, and then went to dinner at Denny's. Having breakfast for dinner was the best. Later in the day it RAINED. So that was awesome. At night we had a movie night where we watched a Book of Mormon video and ate ice cream. So overall it was a weird and good birthday. Then the next day it rained a lot more so that was a miracle. Also the Tempe Zone got invited to sing at a funeral for a past mission nurse. We sang Called to Serve and the spirit was super strong. It was really cool to help with that. Those were pretty much the highlights of my week. 


   So in our Book of Mormon study, we should be through Alma 27. Through these chapters we read the stories of Alma and Amulek teaching in Ammonihah and Ammon teaching king Lamoni. I love these stories about incredible missionaries and their love for the gospel. Their hearts were changed. So their desires had changed. These prophets did amazing things because of their faith in Christ. One verse that I love is the scripture Alma 13:25. It says "And now we only wait to hear the joyful news declared unto us by the mouth of angels, of his coming; for the time cometh, we know not how soon. Would to God that it might be in my day; but let it be sooner or later, in it I will rejoice." I love this verse and the hope that Alma has in the coming of Christ. He rejoices in the fact that Christ will come. Whether or not it is in his day. I know that Christ is coming soon. I look forward to that day. Whether or not I will be alive for it, I don't know. But I am so grateful for the modern day Prophets that help us to prepare for the coming of Christ. Now is the time to prepare my friends and family. We don't know when exactly he will come, but we need to be ready. Continue to do the small and simple things to Hear Him and let God prevail. You will be blessed. Have a great week, I love y'all! 

                   Love, Sister Yates :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment