Hey Folks!!
I am back in Tempe and I am loving it! Leaving Casa Grande was sad but I love being back in the Valley. On my first day in Tempe, we played volleyball and ultimate frisbee with some YSA and that was a blast. Then on the next day, we biked to the mission office whilst it was a bit over 100 degrees. Sister Anderson is actually kicking my butt with biking. Seriously she is kicking my trash. We also have gone biking a couple of times around ASU campus and I cannot tell you how much I sweat. We have also had a couple of lessons outside in 104 degrees. You guys. It's only June 7th. Anyways, Sister Anderson is awesome and an incredible missionary. Also this past week I was able to attend a celebration of life for Jess Fullerton. I am so grateful that I was able to go and see some old friends. At the lunch after the service there were pictures on the tables with me and Jess. I even got to keep some of the pictures. Overall it has been a good week and we are working hard.
For the Book of Mormon study, we should be through Mosiah 13. I want to share a verse from Mosiah 2. During the beginning part of Mosiah, it is King Benjamin giving his sermon to the people. It is a very powerful section in the Book of Mormon with some amazing verses. One of my favorites is Mosiah 2:21 and it says "I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants." I have seen this verse be something very real to me. Every single day I feel that Heavenly Father lends me breath and gives me support. I am so inadequate and incapable of being a missionary. And yet, I have been able to be doing missionary work for 16 months now. I do my best to serve him and while I do, he blesses me so much. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and that he supports me every single day. I will forever be in debt to him. I know that Heavenly Father is supporting each of you. And because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, you have even more strength given to you if you chose to access it. I love you all and hope that y'all have a great week!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment