Monday, June 14, 2021

Season 12, Episode 2, The One With ASU Contacting

 Hey Folks!


   Honestly this week was kinda busy and tiring. Busy is good as a missionary though. This past week we did do some contacting at ASU campus which was scary and awesome at the same time. We were able to talk to some cool people. And give out a couple copies of the Book of Mormon! Contacting is kinda hard for me but Sister Anderson is a legend and she is super good at it. Also Sister Anderson got a package with grandma dresses so we all tried them on so that was fun. 

  So in our Book of Mormon read we should be through Mosiah 27. Ok. I absolutely love the story of Abinidi. It is one of my favorites. His courage and faith is something that I want to have. He was given a super hard task to call a lot of people to repentance. He taught them about the 10 commandments and how the law of Moses is fulfilled through Christ. He knew the message that he was sharing was true and needed to be heard. He didn't care what happened to him. He just knew that he had to deliver the message that he was sent to deliver. After sharing his message he is given the chance to live by denying all that he has said. He wouldn't deny it. He would rather die than deny his words. He would rather die for Christ than live for himself. He knew his Savior and he testified of him. Mosiah 16:9 says "He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." I don't know if I will ever have the faith that Abinidi had. But I do know that Jesus Christ is the light of the world that can never be darkened. I am grateful for my faith that I am continuing to grow. I hope that each of you continue to grow the faith you do have and know that Christ is the light and life of the world. I love y'all! Have a great week! 

                      Love, Sister Yates 







No comments:

Post a Comment