Hey folks!
This past week was pretty awesome. On Tuesday I went to my last Zone Conference and I was able to see more good friends and past companions. We talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and the spirit was very strong. They also sang to me and other missionaries for our birthdays, so that was fun and I got a mini loaf of homemade bread. It rained more this week and it was awesome. When we were biking, we would purposefully ride through all of the puddles we could. Plus with the rain and clouds it was so much cooler than it usually is. One day it was 76°. Crazy, I know. One night it was a pretty heavy downpour so we went out and played in the puddles and got pretty soaked. We also had a mini dust storm one night and we had to bike home in it. That was crazy. I also got to pet SO many doggos this past week. I even held a miniature schnauzer!!! My heart was happy. This past week was another good one. Tender mercies man. They are awesome.
For our Book of Mormon read we should be through 3 Nephi 4 today. For my little spiritual thought, I want to write about how Christ is the Light of the world. In Helaman 14, Samuel the Lamanite gives signs of Christs coming to the Nephites. In Helaman 14:3 it says "this will I give unto you for a sign at the time of his coming; for behold, there shall be great lights in heaven, insomuch that in the night before he cometh there shall be no darkness". When Jesus Christ came into this world, there was only light. In Helaman 14:20 it says "as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you". When Jesus Christ was crucified and taken out of this world, there was no light. These signs literally show how Christ is the light of the world. The hymn The Lord is My Light has become a favorite of mine. If I could quote the whole thing on my weekly, I would. But instead I will just invite all of you to go listen to it or read the lyrics. I know that the Lord is my light. "He is my joy and my song". I am so grateful for my Savior and the light that he brings in my life. I know that he can do the same for all of you. Love you all!!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment