Monday, August 2, 2021

Season 13, Episode 3, The One With the Reunion

 Hey Folks! 


   This week was so good! Last Tuesday we got to make jewelry with this really fun older lady. Then we had a kinda really awkward lesson with a couple later in the day. Then after that I was able to bike through a super windy mini dust storm. It was fun but really hard to bike in. On Wednesday we went to Feed My Starving Children for a zone service project. The table that I worked at had 6 elders and 6 sisters. As a whole table we boxed 34 boxes of food to send to children. Listen, that's a lot of boxes!!! It was non stop working and it was SO much fun. Ok so the reunion that I had this week was a kinda last minute thing and it happened with someone that means so much to me. I was able to go visit and have lunch with Sister Barnes. Sister Barnes is the old member that I lived with my first two transfers. She became another Grandma to me. As soon as I saw her and walked in to see her, I started to cry. As she hugged me she said "welcome home". I have missed her and worried about her so much my whole mission. It was so good to catch up, crack jokes, and listen to more of her stories. I was so happy that I was able to see her again and I plan on visiting with her again in a couple of weeks. Then on Saturday morning we played ultimate frisbee at a park. It was fun, but I did walk away with 26 mosquito bites on my calves. But then later that day I went on an exchange with Sister Reed. We had a fun time doing service at the food bank and we even got to go to a cool restaurant for dinner. So overall my week was good! 

   For the Book of Mormon read, today we should be through 3 Nephi 18. I would like to talk about one of my favorite verses in the Book of Mormon. It is 3 Nephi 5:13 and it says "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." This scripture has really made a big impact on me. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for each second that I have as a missionary. Good or bad. But the incredible thing is that you do not have to be a full time missionary to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. That is something that each of us can do. Each of us need to continue to grow in the gospel and help others around us to do the same. Keep uplifting and loving others. We should always be kind. We should always be trying to be like Jesus. I know that each of you are incredible children of God and I love you all so much! 

                  Love, Sister Yates :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment