Monday, August 9, 2021

Season 13, Episode 4, The One With 5 Degrees and A Cup of Gluten

 Hey Folks! 

   Once again, this week was really good. It had a lot of really funny moments. We got to have interviews with President Goaslind and walks around the church with Sister Goaslind. It is always so good to talk to them. They are seriously angels on this planet and I am so thankful for them. Also this week we had pulled pork mac and cheese sandwiches for lunch. Let me tell ya, it was pretty good. One night I made one of my housemates a cup of gluten (because she requested it and I'll attach a picture for example) and we all laughed pretty hard that night. One night at dinner, Sister Black and I got to play a super retro pinball game. Let's just say that I might have won. Who really knows though. We also got to do service at Feed My Starving Children again and I always love going there. Then while doing service at the Food Bank, we were able to help in their cooler and freezer! We moved pallets, swept, and moped. You guys. I had to wear a coat and beanie! It was 5° in the freezer! I LOVED IT. We also pretended like we were pirates moping the deck floor. It was so much fun. Again we laughed a lot. We definitely experienced very extreme temperatures in one day. We also got to see some pretty dope sunsets too. So overall it was pretty chill and a lot of fun. 

   In our Book of Mormon read, we will be through Mormon 2 today. So we finished 3 Nephi this past week! I love reading about when Christ comes to the Americas and teaches the people. There are so many different scriptures that I love from 3 Nephi but there is one line that really stood out to me this past week. It is in 3 Nephi 20:22 and it is Christ speaking about the last days. He says "I will be in the midst of you". Christ himself promised that he will be with us. He is closer than we think. And he wants to be close to us. He loves us. So if we want to feel the Savior close by, we need to do things that welcome him. Do things that he would do. Say things that he would say. Try to be more like him and you will start to notice how involved he is in your life. I have felt him with me. I love my Savior so much. I am continuing to grow a relationship with him and I am so grateful that I can continue to do that throughout my life. The living Christ is with you. He is in your midst. He loves you and I love you! Have a great week! 


                    Love, Sister Yates :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment