Monday, April 20, 2020

Season 2, Episode 2, The One Where I Almost Lost My Companion

Hey Folks!

This week has been pretty good! We are still in quarantine and starting to slighty lose our minds. But living with Sister Barnes and sugar definitely makes things fun. She has told us her life story about 6 times now and I have LOVED every single story. 

Not much has happened this week but I would like to share a funny story. One day we were out on our daily bike ride. Is was pretty windy so I started to fall farther behind Sister Daines. Then my phone fell out of my pocket so I had to stop to go back and get it. When I got back to my bike and looked up, I could not see my companion. So I started to bike very fast in order to hopefully find my companion. She stopped at a light for me and I eventually caught up to her super out of breath and red in the face. It was fun!

Now for a spiritaul thought. I absolutely love the hymn How Firm a Foundation. I get it stuck in my head all the time it's awesome. And this past week I have been thinking a lot about the scripture that goes a long with it. It's Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
I love this verse and the peace and joy that it brings me. We can receive so much strength from our Heavenly Father. I know that I need strength every single moment and every single day that I am here. I am so blessed to be doing what I an doing right now. I also feel so humbled and inspired by all of my dear friends and their mission experiences. Whatever they may be. I love this gospel and I love the Lord. Have a great week everybody!! I love you all!! 

      Love, Sister Yates :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment