We are back yet again with the ever exciting life of Sister Yates in BLAZING Arizona. :)
This week has been good! I have laughed and smiled a lot this past week so that is always good. I got to hang out with some incredible Sisters on Saturday and we had some fun. One funny story from this week comes from a lesson that we had with a family. They had 10 kids there so it was a full house. We were about to begin teaching when we asked if any of them had a Book of Mormon near by. ALL 10 OF THE KIDS whipped out their own Book of Mormon from nowhere. It caught Sister Daines and I off guard and it was legit.
Now some some spirituality for ya. This week I have really seen the power that comes from bearing your testimony. It doesn't even have to be your full testimony. Even if you just share that you know that Jesus Christ lives or that the Book of Mormon is true. I have been able to bear my testimony a lot of times this past week or so and it's incredible. I have felt the spirit so strongly everytime I share it and I feel it grow and become more solid and sure. The most recent Book of Mormon videos have given me a lot of inspiration and motivation to declare what I know is true more boldly and courageously. Abinidi, Alma, and Amulek are huge examples to me and I hope to be as brave and faithful as they are one day. I love when Alma prayed in the prison in Alma 14:26 saying "How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance." The stories in the Book of Mormon give me so much strength. The Book of Mormon is POWERFUL in so many ways. And I know it's because it is true and Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It's incredible. I highly recommend reading it.
I love you all and I hope everybody has a fantastic week. I challenge each of you to bear a simple testimony to anybody this week and let me know how it goes. Testimonies will be given by all of you. Power and strength will be provided by the Holy Ghost.
Sincerely, Sister Yates :)




No comments:
Post a Comment