Monday, July 13, 2020

Season 4, Episode 2, The One With the Egg

Hey folks! 

This week has been good! Let me tell ya, we are so busy I have been in need of a nap for the past week. But it is so awesome because we are so busy! We didn't have too crazy of a week but we did try to fry an egg on the ground. And as Mythbusters would say: BUSTED. Unfortunately and unexpectedly the ground here in 113° Arizona was not hot enough to fry an egg on the ground. But that's ok, we might try again with some new techniques. Also I am now the new Sister host for the Arizona Tempe Missions Sunday Service! I don't know if any of you watch it but they are good. You can go ahead and skip past my part and get to the good stuff though. 

This past week we talked a lot about the joy that comes from this gospel. I even read a really good talk by Elder D. Todd Christofferson called The Joy of the Saints. In it he says "Joy comes from keeping Christ’s commandments, from overcoming sorrow and weakness through Him, and from serving as He served." Joy has been a theme this week for me and I have loved it. Even in the Book of Mormon, Lehi teaches that "men are, that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25) We are here on this earth to have joy and love the life we have. Our time on this earth is precious and meant to be enjoyed. I have definitely found joy while serving. Sure times get hard but the joy I feel helping others come closer to Jesus Christ is worth every moment. I am very thankful to be serving in blazing hot Arizona.  I challenge each of you to read the talk I mentioned and find or create more joy in your every day life. Make every moment count. 

I love you all!!! 

      Love, Sister Yates :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment