This week has been crazy. But transfers do that to ya. Everyone in my last apartment in Mesa were moving locations so the stress was high. I have missed those sisters a lot but I have been able to get to know my new companion and housemates and they are all super sweet and super hard workers. My new companion is Sister Anderson! She is an STL and a very good missionary. I know that I am going to learn a lot from her. These past couple of days I have been able to go on a very cool hike and play a very intense game of Gatorball with some other missionaries. That game was on the Fourth of July and that was a party right there.
Ok, this week has been very interesting. A bunch of things happened that I won't get into but, through it all I have been able to find a lot of things to be grateful for. Gratitude has been super helpful to me this past week. Finding joy in the small things can help us more than we know. I love the quote by Neil A Maxwell that says "you and I should count our blessings, but we should also make them count!". I love this quote because it reminds me to always be aware of the blessings I have and to sincerely be grateful for them. Some examples of small things that I am grateful for is 1) Josh Groban's You Raise Me Up 2) An otter pop right after being 112° weather 3) A ceiling covered in glow in the dark stars.
My challenge to each of you: Everyday, write down 3 things that you are grateful for and then pray to Heavenly Father and thank him for each of those things. Gratitude prayers are powerful.
I am grateful for each of you. Love y'all!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment