Monday, July 27, 2020

Season 4, Episode 4, The One With the Addiction Recovery Program

Hey Folks!! 

  This week has been really good and very long. One of my favorite parts of this week was that we had a storm with dust, rain, rainbows, thunder, and lightning. It was awesome. We even went outside and watched the lightning and got pretty wet because of the rain. Even though Arizona rain is practically a light drizzle. STILL. It was awesome. I also got to play some more gatorball and volleyball today. Did I put another hole in my pants and burn my knee? Yes. What is worth it? Probably not. 

  My companion and I have been asked to be a part of a Hope and Healing Council. Which is another fancy name for a group for the 12 Step Addiction Recovery Program. We are a part of a group of 13 missionaries that are going to go through the program ourselves to learn how to help others. I am so excited to be a part of this. We have already had 2 sessions and I love it so much. We are learning about the effects of addiction and what it means. We are also going through the 12 steps ourselves to gain a testimony of the change that can come from the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am very excited to be able to learn more about the Atonement and how I can use it in my life. 

  My challenge to each of you this week is to think of one small habit that you could change and allow Jesus Christ to help you through it. It will make it so much easier. I promise. 

  Love you all!!! 

                 Love, Sister Yates :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment