Hey Folks!! This week has been crazy and awesome. We got our trainee on Wednesday and her name is Sister Packer!!! And she served at the Mormon Battalion Historical Site for 4 months before coming here! So we lucked out. We also have been able to have some amazing lessons with people and even give someone a date for their baptism!! It's crazy how much joy you feel when you help someone move towards baptism. We also had some REALLY good food this week so that's always a plus.
Ok so a while ago I challenged myself to read the Book of Mormon in 40 days. On August 15, I completed that challenge. I actually never thought I would be able to do it with how busy my area is and doing ARP(been following the Addiction Recovery Program, through the Church, to better understand it and to help others). But I did it and I absolutely loved it. I learned so much about the Book of Mormon and how I feel when I read it. It is incredible. I was able to see the stories unfold and notice every single time that it talked about Jesus Christ. There have been some scriptures that have really stood out to me this time around. One of them has been 3 Nephi 27:33 that says "And it came to pass that when Jesus had ended these sayings he said unto his disciples: Enter ye in at the strait gate; for strait is the gate, and narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it; but wide is the gate, and broad the way which leads to death, and many there be that travel therein, until the night cometh, wherein no man can work." I have absolutely loved reading the Book of Mormon and finding new verses that I love and help me in my life. The spirit is so strong as you see the stories unfold and the prophets testify of the Savior Jesus Christ. I challenge each of you to read the Book of Mormon in 40 days. It is worth it.
I also just want to say a quick thank you to all those that support me emotionally, mentally, and even financially. I love and appreciate you all so much.
Love you all!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment