Hey Folks!!
This week was transfers so a lot happened but at the same time not a lot happened. Confused? Good. Since I am staying here with Sis Merkley we just continued to work hard and get to know our new ward Greenfield 4th! Something that was a lot of fun was that we got to pick grapefruits at a members house! We are trying to do more service and we are focusing on picking citrus trees. Also we got to take some home and they are GINORMOUS. Some other highlights of my week was petting dogs (of course), awesome dinners, and an amazing companion study with young women. Overall it was a good week and I am so pumped for this next transfer and all the work that we are going to be able to do.
Last transfer I decided to try to develop the Christlike attribute of diligence. There is a scripture used for diligence and I loved learning more about it. It is Doctrine and Covenants 58:27. It says "Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness". The words that stood out to me the most was anxiously engaged in a good cause. Missionary work is the most important work on the planet. Don't believe me? Well the prophet has said that. And if missionary work is the most important cause, I need to be more than anxiously engaged. I need to be urgently participating, constantly helping, and forever gathering scattered Israel. I also need to recognize what the good causes are on this earth. Some of them are being kind to everyone, feeding the hungry, serving others, fulfilling callings, and even using social media for good. Once you find a list of good causes, start to be anxiously engaged in them. Then join me in the most important cause. It's the best. Trust me. I love you all and I hope y'all have an amazing week!
Love, Sister Yates :)
Ps. I am inserting a picture of a tongue twister that I found this week that makes me laugh so hard so I hope y'all like it.





No comments:
Post a Comment