Hey Folks!!
Not too much happened this week. Well there was some pretty awesome stuff. We did have some really good dinners with members, some awesome companion studies with young women, and lots of service opportunities. One of those was that we got to help with paperwork for people getting vaccinated for COVID. We got to meet and talk to so many cool people. It was a lot of fun. Also on Sunday we found out that the ward boundaries are changing in our stake. So there is quite a bit of change going on and the missionaries are kinda out of the loop. We are figuring it out though. I am a little sad because we lost one of my favorite neighborhoods to another ward that Elders have! It broke my heart, I'm gonna miss the members a lot. But on Sunday we got to take a nice walk to our dinner and I took a lot of pics there. Overall it was a pretty calm and good week.
So I have been studying a lot about faith recently. I thought that I had a good amount of faith but then I got on my mission. Being a missionary requires a lot of faith. So our mission has been doing a faith study. I have been loving it. I have gotten some revelation on what I personally should be doing to grow my faith. One quote that I have loved is by Joseph B Wirthlin and it says "Faith is not so much something we believe; faith is something we live." It is so true. Faith is the the belief in things hoped for and not seen. But it is also how we live. If faith is a principle of action, shouldn't we be acting in faith in every moment? Just being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints requires living by faith. And the good thing is, if you only have a mustard seed of faith, it can still become a tree of life. We just have to do our part and take care of the tree. Strengthen our testimony. Build our faith. Day by day, moment by moment, you're faith will grow and become stronger. There are so many things you can do to grow your faith. So I challenge each of you (and I need to do this myself) is to pick one specific thing that you can do to strengthen your faith and do it every day. It will bless you in so many ways. I love you all and I am grateful for your examples to me of great faith. Have an amazing week!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment