Monday, March 1, 2021

Season 9, Episode 5, The One With All the Citrus

 Hey folks! 


   I had a great week. Here's why. 1) I got to do a zone service project at one of our members homes where we picked oranges from their orchard. And one of our senior missionaries is a photographer so we got some really sweet pictures out of it. 2) I got to take pictures with my mission momma Sister Goaslind. 3) I hit my 1 year since being in Arizona and my 6 months till home mark. That is a weird feeling. 4) I got to pet one of my favorite doggos Blue and had another awesome companion study with some of my favorite young women. Overall, we were able to do great service, spirit filled lessons, and fun times with fun people. Nothing too crazy, but I really liked this past week. 

   So the reason why I was able to see Sister Goaslind was because we had interviews this past week with President Goaslind. I always love talking to both of them. I get a lot of really incredible counsel. At this past interview I asked Pres Goaslind a question that I have been trying to figure out for a while. I asked him how I can come to choose faith over fear. A mission requires a lot of faith. So Satan works really hard to put fear in. When I asked him that question he didn't have an answer for me then. But he did say that he would ponder about it and get back to me. This past week we ended the faith study in our mission and it was amazing. I learned so much about my faith and where I want it to be. I also learned more about the power of faith. The last talk was by Russell M Nelson and in it he said "When we speak of faith—the faith that can move mountains—we are not speaking of faith in general but of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ." I loved that quote. Because I have been learning how incredibly powerful faith is. But it's not just faith. That power comes from faith in Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to grow my faith every single day and choose faith over fear. I am still learning how to do it. So if any of you have advice for me, I would love to hear it. Keep choosing faith. Choose to be closer to your savior. It is the best thing ever. Trust me. I love you all and I want you all to have an awesome week! 

                 Love, Sister Yates :) 













No comments:

Post a Comment