Monday, March 22, 2021

Season 10, Episode 2, The One With Girl Power

 Hey folks!


   Ok this week was a lot of fun. Not too many crazy things happened, we just had a lot of fun. We had St. Patrick's Day, exchanges, we helped someone move, and had a crazy awesome Sunday. While we were helping someone move, we were the only sister missionaries there and we did about 60% of the job. So all I'm saying is #girlpower. Yesterday we got to go up to Chandler and then Tempe later on in the day and I got to see so many friends and people that I love. Both missionaries and even people I have met at various times throughout my mission. I was really happy yesterday. I have come to realize how powerful smiling and laughing is. It seriously makes such a difference. We are meant to be here to have joy so enjoy it!

   Anyways, yesterday for Come Follow Me I had an interesting thought about the Armor of God that I would like to share with you guys. In Doctrine and Covenants 27:15-18 it talks about putting on the armor of God. If you think about armor, it's thick, heavy, uncomfortable, and yet it protects the individual that's wearing it. If you go back to one of the first major battles between the Nephites and the Lamanites, the Nephites are protected with a lot of armor. When the Lamanites have only a loincloth on. They can move a lot easier and are more comfortable but they are unprotected and vulnerable. Sometimes being a member of this church can seem really hard. It can be uncomfortable and heavy. Sometimes we just want to not deal with it and wear a loincloth. I hope you all know that there is a serious battle going on and it continues to get worse. So many things are attacking us every single day. I know that it is hard. But just think about this. Would you rather be uncomfortable but protected or be comfortable but unprotected? I don't know about y'all but I want to be as protected as I possibly can. I want to be prepared and shielded. I am going to attach one of my favorite pictures of a girl with armor on. I want to be like her. Fearless, courageous, determined, strong, and protected. I know my armor is heavy but it is saving my life. Friends and family please put on the armor of God everyday of your lives. Protect yourself with the greatest strength and armor that you will ever find. I love you all, have an amazing week! 

                  Love, Sister Yates :)
 






No comments:

Post a Comment