Monday, March 29, 2021

Season 10, Episode 3, The One With Sombreros, Service, and Sunburns

 Hey Folks! 


   This week was good! Obviously from my title of my email, there needs to be some explaining. This past week we had Zone Conference and so many good things happened there. It was up in my old area and I got to see and hug some of my old members. I got to see my old compo Sis Merkley. It was President and Sister Goalslind's 40th wedding anniversary! We got to get a pic with them. And during lunch they had sombreros so the obvious choice is to wear it. I wore the one on my table and eventually President Goaslind was even wearing one. That was a good day. We also got to do different service like helping pass out food from a food bank and doing a car wash. I did get sunburned at the car wash though... made the classic mistake of not wearing my bucket hat. I know, shame on me. But doing service was a lot of fun and I didn't get burned too badly. So overall it was a good week. 

  You guys. General Conference is this next weekend!!! I AM SO EXCITED. They joke that General Conference is the Superbowl for missionaries. It definitely is by the way. But it should be like that for all of us!! Don't get me wrong, I love the Superbowl. But what am I more excited for? I get to hear from the Prophet of God. Listen. I know that every time General Conference rolls around I use my weekly email to hype it up. But that's because it is INCREDIBLE that we get the opportunity to receive personal revelation. When Jeffrey R Holland was talking about Conference at Conference he said "Such a quest for faith and conviction is our purpose in these conferences, and by joining with us today, you will realize that this search is a broadly shared endeavor." I hope that you all will have a quest for faith and conviction. This weekend is an opportunity to listen to the voice of the Lord and have Him talk to you. Prepare now to be spiritually fed and uplifted. IT'S GOING TO BE SO AWESOME!!! 

                Love, Sister Yates :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment