Hey folks!
This week was actually pretty stressful yet pretty awesome. I HIT MY YEAR MARK!!! Well, I hit the year mark since I have entered the MTC. That was a crazy feeling. I only have about 6 months left. It's kinda blowing my mind. I am on the older side of the mission and I still feel like I have been here for about 5 months. I am seriously so grateful for the time that I have had as a missionary, and I hope that I will be able to truly live every moment that I have left. Also this week we got to pick orange trees at a members orchard. That was a blast. I also had a mission leadership conference and it was honestly one of the best meetings I have ever been to. It was so motivational and inspiring it was crazy. I seriously walked out of that meeting with 10 things that I can do better at. The whole time President Goaslind kept saying the same phrases. Can we improve? Can we do more? We can do better. We can be better. So what are we going to do? I am so grateful for the chance that I do have to recognize ways that I can improve. There is always going to be ways that I can be better and more like my savior. Listen, it was just an awesome meeting and I really needed it. This week on Saturday I also went on an exchange with Sister Westhoff. That was probably one of the most memorable exchanges I have ever done. Before the exchange, I had to move the SIM card from Sister Merkley's phone to my phone. Once I did that. It completely stopped working. We were without a SIM and wifi pretty much the entire day. Let me tell ya, missionary work right now without technology is so hard to figure out. That day both of us were stretched in ways we hadn't been stretched before. So to keep things interesting and for us to actually accomplish work, we biked to a church building after dinner and used the church's Wi-Fi for facebook finding. It was actually awesome. Fun times guys.
Ok sorry about that mega long spill about my week. For my spiritual thought I will just share a scripture that really stood out to me this past week. Mosiah 2:21 says "I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will, and even supporting you from one moment to another—I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants." I would also love to invite each of you to read Mosiah 2:20-22. Those verses were a really good reminder to me. My Heavenly Father really has supported me every single day. I could not have done this past 12 months without him. I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven that knows me and cares about me. I am so grateful for the chance that I have to be better every day and build my relationship with my Father and Brother. I love you all and hope y'all have a fantastic week! Make every day count!!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment