Monday, February 15, 2021

Season 9, Episode 3, The One Where I Spoke on Valentine's

Hey Folks! 


   This week was honestly really awesome. I had some really cool and spiritual experiences. I had an exchange with some sisters and I had so much fun with them. Then the next day we had a Zone Conference down in Casa Grande and that was really good. I got to see my good friend Sister Shaw and we even got a selfie with President and Sister Goaslind. That same day we had 2 lessons with families and those were filled with the spirit so strongly. At the first one, the mom gave us some flowers and the family was so kind and funny. In that lesson I was able to bear my testimony about the Book of Mormon. I just felt the spirit so strong and it reaffirmed my testimony. Then at the second lesson Sis Merkley bore a very powerful testimony about God's love. That was a good day. I needed it. Then I got to be with one of my favorite doggos named Blue. AND on Saturday we got a call from the member of our bishopric and he asked if we would speak in sacrament the next day on Valentine's Day. So I spake in church! Listen. I do not like speaking in church, but that was the least nervous I have ever been to speak in church. I think it's either I just got lucky or I am slowly getting more ok with things that make me uncomfortable. That's pretty much what a mission is. It's being uncomfortable all the time to share something you love. It was a good week though. I had fun and definitely made some memories. Also on Valentine's Day, we made some stops at a bunch of peoples houses and all of them gave us something! It was so sweet. We felt so much love from our wards on Sunday. 

   In my talk that I gave in church on Valentine's Day I decided to talk about how we can feel or recognize Gods love in our life. And how we can show God that we love him. In my talk I quoted a talk given by President Monson called We Never Walk Alone. In it he says "your Heavenly Father loves you—each of you. That love never changes... It is simply there. It is there for you when you are sad or happy, discouraged or hopeful. God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there." Dear friends and family, I do know that God loves each of you so much. I know it because of the love that I have felt for each of you. Please never forget that you are loved by so many. By me, your friends and family, Jesus Christ, and your Heavenly Parents. You are SO loved. I would like to invite each of you to read the talk that I quoted earlier by President Monson. And then if you need just a little bit more, pray with a humble and open heart and ask Heavenly Father if He loves you. The answer will always be the same. I LOVE each of you!! Have a fantastic week! 

                 Love, Sister Yates :) 

















No comments:

Post a Comment