Monday, May 24, 2021

Season 11, Episode 5, The One With the Car Wash and Polar Pops

 Hey Folks! 


   So not too many crazy things happened this week. We had interviews with President and Sister Goaslind and I got to get a picture with both of them. They are so awesome. We also did a car wash this past week and that was fun! We talked to a lot of people, it was beautiful weather, and we all got Polar Pops at the end of it. I was able to talk to a lot of people and we even got one ladies phone number! Overall it was pretty good. We also had a lesson with this one member named Sister Menzes this past week and she is legit. She is an amazing member missionary and she wanted to take a selfie with us! There are some really cool people down here in Casa Grande. Other than that, we have just been trying to work hard and have fun. 

   For the Book of Mormon read, we should be through 2 Nephi 29 today. Recently I have been trying to learn more about grace. To be honest whenever I hear the word grace, I think of my best friend. But grace on the spiritual side of things, has a different meaning. The Bible dictionary describes it as divine help or strength given through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. But how do we apply it to our lives? In 2 Nephi 25:23 it says "we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do." I'm sure that you have heard this phrase before. I definitely have and still didn't know all that it meant. So then I went to a cross reference for the word grace in Doctrine and Covenants 138:4. It says "That through his atonement, and by obedience to the principles of the gospel, mankind might be saved." After reading that scripture, I understood the first verse just a little bit better. If I reword the first verse to incorporate the second one it would tell us that it is by the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we are saved, after being obedient to the principles of the gospel. The Atonement is always going to be there for us. So we need to do our part. All we can do is be obedient to what Heavenly Father has asked us to do. Friends and family, I can promise you that through grace/the Atonement of Jesus Christ and by doing our part and being obedient, we are saved. I love you all, have a great week! 

                  Love, Sister Yates :) 













1 comment:

  1. I loved every word and every picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete