Monday, June 8, 2020

Season 3 Episode 3, The One With the Roaches

Hey Folks!! 

This week was kinda crazy. We were pretty busy and had a lot of service opportunities. We were able to clean a church building this week and let me tell ya. Cockroaches are a thing here. It's fun. Not really. There are some big ones out there. This week lasted about 4 years long but it had some fun moments. My awesome companion and housemates make every moment so much fun. We can laugh at almost eveything and it helps me to find more joy in everything that I do. 

This week I was able to read a lot of really good talks and scriptures about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One of the quotes that I loved said "When we comprehend His voluntary Atonement, any sense of sacrifice on our part becomes completely overshadowed by a profound sense of gratitude for the privilege of serving Him." I do not fully understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ but I do feel so much gratitude to be able to serve Him. I am so blessed to be a missionary right now. Studying the Atonement has been incredible and I recommend it to everyone. You will receive strength as you study about it. I can promise you that. I challenge each of you to pick a Conference talk or chapter in the Book of Mormon about the Atonement and study it this week. (Some ideas are 2 Nephi 2, 2 Nephi 9, 2 Nephi 31, Alma 34, and talks by Jeffrey R Holland, Dallin H Oaks, or President Russell M Nelson) The Atonement will completely change your life if you let it. It's incredible. 

I love and miss you all! Don't forget how much Jesus loves you!! 

Love, Sister Yates :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment