Monday, June 15, 2020

Season 3, Episode 4, The One With the Challenges

Hey Folks!! 

  Welcome back to my life as a quarantined missionary. Today is day 88 but who's counting. This last week was pretty good!! This week we had a bunch of challenges for a Zone Olympics and that was fun. One day we made a compilation of us scaring each other. We had way too much fun with that one. We also went to a really cool Italian Ice place that had a bunch of cool vintage things. It was legitness. And I also saw my trainer Sister Daines again!! So overall this week was pretty good. 

  I did have a pretty hard day on Thursday when someone that I have been teaching the whole time I have been here dropped us. This was a different kind of challenge. She didn't want to learn anymore and it really broke my heart. It made me see just how much I love this gospel and how much I want other people to have the joy that comes from it. As a missionary we dedicate our life for a year and a half or two years to share the greatest message this world has ever heard. The peace, comfort, hope, happiness, love, strength, and joy that this gospel brings is too great to not share with others. I would like to quote President Gordon B Hinckley when he says "God bless you, my beloved brethren and sisters, in meeting the tremendous challenge that is ours. We cannot evade it. We cannot escape it. We must face up to it. The opportunities are tremendous. We are equal to it, and the Lord will bless us as we try." 
I love how he promises that the Lord will bless us as we try. Didn't our prophet President Nelson this past General Conference say "the Lord loves effort, because effort brings rewards that can’t come without it." Our savior promises us blessings and rewards as we put in the effort for him. I challenge each of you to put in that effort this week for Jesus Christ. Pray, make your own game plan, and follow through. I can also promise you more blessings will come as you put fort the effort. 

Love you all!! 

         Love, Sister Yates :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment