Monday, June 1, 2020

Season 3, Episode 2, The One With the Storm

Hey Folks! 

This week has been great. I had a lot of really fun and spiritual moments. For the fun ones, this past week we had a monsoon/dust storm/haboob. And it was so much fun. I got to stand out on our patio and feel rain. We also saw lightning!! It was also super dusty and windy but worth it. That storm made me happy. Most of the funny moments this past week just had to do with me hanging out with my housemates and the craziness that follows. The other day a wasp was in our apartment so Hermanas Duffy and Barinotto were the brave ones that got it in the end. It died a noble death. 

Like I have said in earlier emails we are doing an Atonement study in our mission. And it is amazing. I am learning so much about my Savior and how he can help me with literally everything. We read this one talk by Jeffrey R Holland and it hit me hard. He says "I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because Salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation was never easy." (Try to imagine him yelling this at you) That talk by Elder Holland really helped me a lot. Being a missionary isn't easy. It is very hard. But it is the most incredible thing to do. It is one of the best things I will ever do in my life. Sharing the gospel is so rewarding. And sharing it can be very easy. Pick a favorite scripture, quote, hymn, or thought and send it to someone you care about. It's so easy and you will be blessed because of it. I challenge each of you to do just that. Send a spiritual and uplifting thought to someone and let me know how it goes!! 

I love you all and I hope you all have a great week! Remember you are loved!! 

Love, Sister Yates :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment