Monday, November 9, 2020

Season 7, Episode 1, The One With My Hump Day

 Hey Folks! 


   I know. This is crazy. I really can't believe that I hit my 9 months. It does not feel like I am half way through my mission but I am. These first 9 months have been the craziest and best 9 months of my life. I have seen so many miracles, moments of pure joy, a lot of sadness and heartache, and lives being changed. I have met some absolutely incredible people that I love and adore with my whole heart. I have missed home. I have learned a lot about myself and my savior. My testimony has been strengthened more than I ever thought it would. I am very grateful to be here in the Arizona Tempe Mission. I am very grateful for my friends and family that helped me get and stay on a mission. I am grateful for these past 9 months and I look forward to the rest of the time I have here in Arizona. 

   Just some updates for y'all. This past week I was transferred out of Tempe and I am now in San Tan! My companion is Sister McEwen and she is the cutest thing ever. I am actually serving around and with my trainer Sister Daines so I am extremely happy about that. And I am in a fantastic ward. They are all very rich and very fun to be around. These members are also some of the most gospel centered and humble people I have ever met. They are amazing. We have already seen some miracles in the short time that I have been here. Oh also just last night we had a devotional with former General Young Womens President Elaine S. Dalton! It was spirit filled and I learned a lot from her. One scripture that she shared with us was Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 that says "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." I love this scripture and I know it to be true. I would just like to invite each of you to read this verse and then go throughout your week looking for those moments when the spirit is in your heart. Or when angels are around you. Look for those moments where Christ bears you up. Or when he is right beside you. Because He is always there. Thank you for all that you guys do for me. I love y'all! 

              Love, Sister Yates :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment