Hey Folks!
This week was honestly awesome. We had so many good moments. We had some fun dinners with amazing families in our ward. We even had an incredible pre-Thanksgiving dinner so that was a nice warm up. I was very full and very happy. They even had a cute place holder with my name on it for me. We got to do some chalk art at some parks with some uplifting messages. This past week we had a virtual mission tour with Elder Alliaud of the Seventy and his wife. It was so amazing. I learned so many things and I will share a little bit of them with you.
One of the biggest things that I learned from Elder Alliaud was the questions where am I? And where do I want to go? He talked about seeing where we were and then seeing where we wanted to be. He taught us to know the difference of being a missionary and being a true disciple of Jesus Christ. When we are a true disciple of Christ, the name tag never comes off. "True discipleship requires us to swim upstream sometimes." He also taught us that the only constant in life is change. And that we need to get used to it. A lot of things are going to take us by surprise. Example a: COVID. We need to grow our testimony and grow our faith every single day so that when things like this happen, we won't be shaken. We will have our solid foundation built upon the rock. One last part that really struck me hard was when Elder Alliaud said "if you want to walk where He walked, you need to do what He did". I do want to walk where Christ walked. So I know that every single day, I need to do what Christ did. Christ did a lot of different things but one thing that sums it all up is that he loved those around him. So my challenge to each of you this week is to show more love to those around you. You will feel more of Christ's love for you as you do. I love you all!!
Love, Sister Yates :)





No comments:
Post a Comment